Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Blood So Red

Cut me open,
and you'll see I'm bleeding inside.
Biology aside,
my heart is torn.
Jagged pieces.
And it's me.
It's all me.
The pot finally
recognizing that
the kettle is black.
Something's wrong.
Innate.
Within.
Empty.
Wanting to die
rather than live.
Pointless.
Is this all there
is?
All I am?
Alone.
They always go
and never stay.
Ripping at my skin.
I want out.
Crazy.
Bat-shit crazy.
Two of me.
One is good,
she wants to fight.
But she's so tired.
Fighting is hard
when you're
fighting all the time.
Exhausted.
She's at her worst.
That's when the
other sneaks in.
Whispers.
You're not worth it.
Nobody cares.
Nobody loves you.
Go ahead and disappear.
Go ahead and let it go.
You're ugly.
So, so ugly.
No talent.
Not special.
Nobody wants to hear
what you have to say.
Cut, cut, cut.
Just try it.
Not side to side.
Down the middle,
like you mean it.
STOP IT.
STOP IT.
STOP IT.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
PLEASE. Please.
Crying.
Hanging on by painted pink nails.
Facade as fresh as
yesterday,
and the day before.
Masked.
Raging war within.
Good one.
Bad one.
Which one will win?
Everyday
slipping closer
to the edge.
Why haven't I jumped
yet?
What's worse than
being alone?
So, cut me open,
and you'll see I'm bleeding inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment